Facial Growth, ControlledArch™ and Introduction into TMD
This program was created to aid General Dentists, Pediatric Dentists, and Orthodontists in advancing their orthodontic educational background so that they may meet their patients’ requests for treatment of facial growth and orthodontic problems and/or temporomandibular dysfunction in a manner that is highly professional and consistent with the level of excellence provided by the best practitioners in these fields.
This comprehensive program will cover the following:
- Advanced Clinical Growth Evaluation and determining which Growth Guidance Appliance to use.
- You will enhance your background in the Bio-Mechanics of Growth Guidance Appliances and how they affect and remodel the maxilla, mandible, and facial tissues being acted upon.
- Comparison of the remodeling process between membranous and cranial bones and the effect on the facial skeleton.
- You will update and expand your knowledge of Growth Guidance Appliance treatment, the ControlledArch™ system, and TMD diagnosis and treatment.
- You will examine new advances in our understanding of Growth and Development of the face and skull with particular attention to facial asymmetry.
- You will learn a simplified system to correct facial asymmetry.
- Detailed review and use of Growth Guidance Appliances.
- Together with this updated patient treatment information, you will then refine your knowledge and skills in comprehensive growth analysis, the influence of the airway and breathing patterns, tongue habits, and myofunctional problems on growth, diagnosis, and treatment design.
- You will become proficient in clinical decision-making and troubleshooting patient treatment cases.
- Included will be sections on anatomy and physiology of the craniomandibular and facial complexes.
- Understand the ControlledArch System and apply the simple mechanics with confidence
- Prevent the complications experienced with traditional straight wire treatment.
- Breakthrough the limitations of traditional orthodontics
- See and discuss a wide assortment of cases
In general, we intend to build upon the solid foundation that you as an experienced dental practitioner have gained from your university degree program, your private practice, your subsequent continuing educational hours, and your experiences from various learning venues.
- • Introduction to contemporary Growth Guidance and ControlledArch orthodontic treatment objectives
- • Skeletal classification system for mid-face deficient patients
- • Evaluating the vertical dimension of the face
- • Assessing facial growth
- • Myo-functional problems and the clinical implications
- • Airway and breathing evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment.
- • Evaluation of the TMJ
- • Introduction to 3D CBCT imaging
- • Benefits of early Growth Guidance intervention
- • Etiology and baseline for all malocclusions
- • Growth sequence of the maxilla and mandible
- • Facial growth guidance techniques
- • Etiology of canine impaction and preventing impacted canines
- • Diagnosis and treatment of tongue-tied patients
- • Introduction to computerized software to aid diagnosis and treatment planning
- • Ability to predict facial growth by using the cervical vertebrae index (C2 - C6)
- • Practical use of the principals of divine proportion (Facial Beauty)
- • Evaluating dental and skeletal midlines, occlusal cants, and facial asymmetry
- • Appliance design for Growth Guidance and Symmetrical Facial Development
- • Predictably minimizing skeletal, dentoalveolar, and muscular problems
- • Diagnosis and treatment for ages 3-9
- • Diagnosis and treatment for ages 10 and up
- • Simple and effective treatment for crossbites
- • The importance of adequate nasal respiration
- • Vertical maxillary excess or “Gummy Smile” and its relation to breathing patterns
- • Tongue thrust and tongue posture
- • Treating patients with deep and open dental bites
- • Occlusal changes related to growth
- • Simplified treatment planning and case finishing